An experiment in living gluten free- with recipes!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And so it begins.....

Well, I'm not a writer, or a blogger, so here it goes.

It was recommended by my doc that I begin a gluten free diet and all I could think was WTF. OMG, I can't believe that I need to change all the recipes that I use! Everything in the Cajun diet has flour! H-E-L-L-O!

This blog is a diary of my trials and tribulations in trying to recreate Cajun recipes that I already love into more healthy, gluten free fare.

I have been on the diet for 10 days, and I must say that I am dying! OMG no bread. No gumbo, no etoufee, no bisque, etc., etc. Even if I haven't had any of the aforementioned items in months, just the fact that I CANT have them really irks the hell out of me.

So, for my first foray into the gluten free cajun arena.... please see my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment